BILL FINK, AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL WRITER FOR LONELY PLANET, FROMMER’S BBC, AND NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TRAVELER
"Beautifully photographed, and full of rich details on Cuban food and culture and the people who create it, this well-researched combination of a cookbook, scrap book, travel guide, and love letter to Cuba features enough mouth-watering photos of Cuban food to make you want to hop on the next flight over there for a meal. But if you can't make it, don't worry, because the book's detailed recipes will help you re-create these meals at home. Even if you're not a chef, it's fun to page through the book to learn about the Cuban food scene."
ROBERT HOLMES, RECIPIENT OF THE 2017 TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR BY THE SOCIETY OF AMERICAN TRAVEL WRITERS
"I love cookbooks―and I love them even more when they go beyond the food to include the culture that creates the cuisine, particularly when it’s somewhere as exotic as Cuba. Liza Gershman has masterfully captured the color and excitement of Cuba in her photographs as skillfully as she captured the mouthwatering food. During the first decades of the revolution, the Cuban dining scene left much to be desired. Basic ingredients were difficult to find, supplies were rationed, and the quality was at best mediocre. However, in recent years the proliferation of private restaurants, paladares, has transformed the way people eat. Liza Gershman has got to the soul of Cuba through its food. Cuban Flavor is the next best thing to hopping on a plane to Havana."
RAYNE WOLFE, AUTHOR AND COOKBOOK STYLIST
"Sometimes you pick up a dream disguised as a book. This is such a book. Whether you are an avid world traveler looking for new adventures or a home chef in search of family-pleasing menus, Liza Gershman’s Cuban Flavor pairs the history, traditions, and recipes of the Cuban people with glorious photographs and reminds us that Cuba will always be a dream-worthy destination."
LIZA GERSHMAN PHOTOGRAPHY
Liza Gershman, an award-winning photographer and accomplished writer, has nearly two decades of industry experience working in all facets of Commercial and Editorial photography. Liza's extensive background includes Creative Direction, Art Direction, wardrobe, prop and set styling. Lifestyle, Food, Travel, Still Life and Fashion.
Liza's passion for cuisine, people, and culture, have given her the opportunity to photograph in more than 51 countries and 47 U.S. States during her career.
ADDITIONAL TITLES BY LIZA GERSHMAN
- Drink Vermont: Flavors of the Green Mountain State (SkyHorse Publishing) 2017
- Passage to China: the Silk Road (SkyHorse Publishing) 2017
- The Good Cook's Book of Tomatoes (SkyHorse Publishing). 2015
- The Good Cook's Book of Mustard (SkyHorse Publishing). 2015
- The Good Cook's Book of Oil & Vinegar (SkyHorse Publishing). 2015
- The Good Cook's Book of Salt & Pepper (SkyHorse Publishing). 2015
- The Good Cook's Journal (SkyHorse Publishing). 2015
- More Than Meatballs (SkyHorse Publishing). 2014
- Be Fabulous At Any Age (Lions Gate Corporation). 2013
- San Francisco Entertains; The Junior League of San Francisco’s Centennial Cookbook (Favorite Recipes Press). 2011
- A Taste for Absinthe (Clarkson Potter, a division of Random House). 201 0